Get to know us through our impact! From passing laws, producing research, and serving more than 2,600 girls and young women-- we've got A LOT to celebrate. Did we mention national replication?! That's right, other communities are asking for us to help them replicate the success we've had in Northeast Florida.
Leading the Justice for Girls Reform Movement
• Produced 27 original research publications elevating issues impacting girls in the justice system.
• Cited or highlighted in 179 media pieces, including state and national publications.
Passed 5 laws in partnership with the Children’s Campaign
1. Child Marriage Ban (2018)
2. Confidentiality of Juvenile Records (2016)
3. Expungement of Records for Minors (2016)
4. Civil Citations Expanded (2015)
5. Protection of Safe Harbor for child sex trafficking survivors (2014)
• Provided 69 trainings for nearly 2,500 professionals and over 500 students.
• Featured at national, state, & local conferences/webinars/trainings.
Partnership with Mary Baldwin University.
• Georgetown Journal on Poverty & Law (2013)
• Clinton Activation Summit (2015)
• PBS News Hour (2015)
• CBS 48 Hours (2018)
• Served over 2,600 girls and young women.
• Developed five signature programs focused on preventing and interrupting deeper system involvement.
• Since inception, 74% reduction in girls’ incarceration in Duval County, out performing statewide reduction of 51%.
• Partnership with Georgetown University launch a Girl-Centered Practice Certificate program with the Center for Juvenile Justice Reform.
• Girl Matters®: It’s Elementary program replicated in three public schools in Virginia.
• Justice for Girls System Reform Model replicated in Washington State.