Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center Announces Call for Nominations for Inaugural See the Girl Awards
June 15, 2017-JACKSONVILLE, FL- The Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, whose work is recognized as the national model for juvenile justice reform for girls, is issuing a call for nominations for its inaugural See the Girl Awards. Six individuals who have championed the rights of girls and young women impacted by the justice system will be recognized at a luncheon.
Nominations will be considered for the following awards:
- The Delores Barr Weaver See the Girl Lifetime Achievement Award: Named in honor of Delores Barr Weaver, this award celebrates an individual whose many years of dedication have led to significant contributions that level the playing field and increase opportunities for girls and young women impacted by the justice system.
- The Joan Amery Van Vleck Research Award: Named in honor of Joan Amery Van Vleck, who champions research and is devoted to improving the lives of women and girls, this award recognizes an individual who has made noteworthy contributions to the body of knowledge about the experiences of girls and young women impacted by the justice system.
- The See the Girl Advocacy Award recognizes an individual whose civic engagement, advocacy, and activism have furthered systemic change for justice-system involved girls and young women.
- The See the Girl Direct Service Award recognizes individuals who embody girl-centered principles and who partner with girls and young women to provide exemplary service.
- The See the Girl Leadership Award recognizes a girl or young woman who champions social justice and systemic change for girls in her school, community, or state.
- The Legislator of the Year Award recognizes a public official who has provided leadership leading to positive systemic change for girls and young women affected by the justice system.
Interested individuals can download a nomination form here. The deadline for nominations is August 15th and award recipients will be notified on August 30st.
For questions or assistance, please contact the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center at 904-598-0901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.